Membership is free to all residents of Blind River and through contracted service to the residents of the Township of the North Shore. One of the following proofs of residency is needed:
- A property tax receipt
- A driver’s license
- A rent receipt
– The loan period is 2 weeks (14 days). All materials may be borrowed except for the following collections:
- Reference Local History
- Great Lakes Historical Toys
– Staff may impose limits on items borrowed or limit or extend loan periods for items needed for school or community projects. We ask that you respect other borrowers’ needs for specific material formats, authors or subjects.
– Members are responsible for all materials borrowed on their card. Parents are responsible for all materials borrowed on their child’s card.
Effective February, 2006 fines are as follows:
- $0.15 per day per item to a maximum of $5.00 for adult, young adult and senior items and $2.50 for juvenile items.
- $5.00 handling fee is charged for each damaged, lost or destroyed item.
- $5.00 fee is charged to replace lost or damaged library cards.
- Cost of Replacement will be charged for each item lost or destroyed.
- $10.00 limit on fine accumulation.
- Suspensions are placed on an individual’s borrowing privileges when fines reach $10.00 or after 2 overdue notices have not resulted in returned materials.
Tackle Share Program
– Through the TackleShare Program, library members are able to borrow a fishing rod and tackle box kit for FREE! This collection is available for all Public Library members. The program runs from the May long weekend to the September long weekend.
– All library card holders can borrow a fishing road and tackle box. For ages 18+ you need to have your own fishing license (which is a requirement by the province of Ontario). For under 18, a free Young Angler’s Fishing License card is available to youth the experience of having a fishing license.
– One TackleShare kit allowed per library card, for a loan of 1 week (7 days).
– The TackleShare program is offered in partnership with the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters and is sponsored by Ontario Power Generation.
For more information visit http://www.tackleshare.com