Visit the Blind River Public Library desk and ask a staff member about registering for a new library card.
If your library card is missing or stolen, please report the loss to the library immediately. The cost of a replacement card is $5.
There are several reasons why a library card might not work:
You can borrow a maximum of 10 books or 5 DVD/Blu-Rays/TV series.
|Loan Item||Loan Period||Renewals|
|All materials||2 weeks||2 times max. *|
A PIN is required to log into your library account online and use our catalogue and Ebooks.
If you do not have a PIN or if you have forgotten your PIN, please visit the library or call us at 705-356-7616 to have a new PIN set up.
If you know your current PIN, but you would like to change it, please log in to your library account and reset your PIN.
The total cost of fines will vary depending on how many items are overdue, what type of material is overdue and how many days late they are returned.
For more information, please call us at 705-356-7616.
To provide payment for overdue fines or other charges on your account, please visit the library.
We are only able to accept cash.
|LATE FEE||FEE PER DAY||MAXIMUM FEE|
|All Items (Adults)||.15||$5.00|
|All Items (Child)||.10||$2.50|
Patrons with ten or more overdue items will not be allowed to borrow new materials until the overdue items are returned.
All library privileges will be suspended once the fines have reached $10.
You can make a financial contribution or donate books to the Library. Please donate books that are in good physical condition. If we don’t add them to our collection, we will sell them and use the funds in support of the Library.
Search the Blind River Public Library Online Catalogue or call the library at 705-356-7616.
If you are looking for a book recommendation, you are welcome to ask a staff member or explore one of the following online resources:
When you are ready to borrow library materials, bring your selection to the circulation desk and present your library card. If you do not have one, you can sign up for one at the desk.
Please check the loan period for your library materials on your card and ensure that they are returned before the due date in order to avoid fines for late returns.
During regular operation hours, library materials can be returned at the circulation desk. Library materials can also be returned at your convenience through the Bookdrop (located at the back of the building).
Loans from the Blind River Public Library’s digital collection are fulfilled by OverDrive, a free online service that allows you to download eBooks to a smartphone, tablet, computer or eReader.
You are not required to return digital titles when the borrowing period is over. Titles will expire and return automatically.
You can place a reserve (hold) on any items in our catalogue (whether they are checked out or currently available). Once a title is available for you, it will be held on the holds shelf for a maximum of 7 days.
You can reserve items on your account by the following means:
By Phone: Call the circulation desk at 705-356-7616.
At The Library: Ask a staff member to reserve the item for you.
1. You must be signed into My Account on the Online Catalogue to reserve an item.
2. Choose a search option: Standard Search or Advanced Search (more options available) to search the catalogue.
3. Search for the item.
4. Click Details to see the details of the item.
5. Under Copies/Availability, click the Reserve button. Note: if there are multiple copies, click the Reserve button that corresponds to the desired copy. Make sure it is NOT an eBook.
6. The next screen will say: The requested item was successfully reserved.
7. Click OK.
8. You may now do another search or click Sign Out in the top right hand corner.
Library material may be renewed with the following exceptions:
You can renew the items by the following means:
Call the circulation desk at 705-356-7616
At The Library:
As a staff member to renew the item for you
1. You must be signed into My Account on the Online catalogue to
renew an item.
2. Click My Account >>My Borrowing>>Loans.
3. Select the items you wish to renew and hit the Renew button at the
top-right of the list.
* If your renewal was successful, the next screen will say:
The requested item was successfully renewed.
* If your renewal was not successful, the next screen will say:
The requested item could not be renewed.
* Please phone or visit the library for help
4. Continue step 3 until all items have been renewed.
5. Remember to click your account name on the main banner and the
Log Out button when you are finished.