Paying A Fine
To provide payment for overdue fines or other charges on your account, please visit the library. We are able to accept cash only.
|Late Fee Item||Fee Per Day||Maximum Fee|
|All Items (Adults)||.15 per item||$5 per item|
|All Items (Child)||.10 per item||$2.50 per item|
|All Items (Senior)||.10 per item||$2.50 per item|
|Loan Item||Loan Period||Renewal|
|All Items||14 days||2 times max. *|
Patrons with ten or more overdue items will not be allowed to borrow new material until the overdue items are returned.
All library privileges will be suspended once the fines have reached $10.
Finding A Book
Search the Blind River Public Library Online Catalogue or call the Library at 705-356-7616.
If your are looking for a book recommendation, you are welcome to ask a staff member or explore one of the following online resources:
Borrowing A Title
When you are ready to borrow library materials, bring your selection to the circulation desk and present your library card. If you do not have one, you can sign up for one at the desk.
Please check the loan period for your library materials on your card and ensure that they are returned before the due date in order to avoid fines for late returns.
During regular operating hours, library materials can be returned at the circulation desk. Library materials can also be returned at your convenience through the Bookdrop (located at the back of the building).
Loans from the Blind River Public Library’s digital collection are fulfilled by OverDrive, a free online service that allows you to download eBooks to a Smartphone, Tablet, computer or eReader.
You are not required to return the digital titles when the borrowing period is over. Titles will expire and return automatically.
Reserving A Title
You can place reserves (holds) on any items in our catalogue (whether they are checked out or currently available). Once a title is available for you, it will be held on the ‘holds’ shelf for a maximum of 7 days.
You can reserve items on your account by the following means:
By Phone: Call the circulation desk at 705-356-7616
At The Library: Ask a staff member to reserve the item for you
- You must be signed into My Account with your library card and PIN, on the Online Catalogue to reserve an item.
- Choose a search option: Standard Search or Advance Search (more options available), to search the catalogue.
- Search for the item.
- Click Details to see the details of the item.
- Under Copies/Availability, click the Reserve button. Note: if there are multiple copies, click the Reserve button that corresponds to the desired copy. Make sure it is NOT an eBook.
- The next screen will say: The requested item was successfully reserved.
- Click OK.
- You may now do another search or click Sign Out in the top right hand corner.
Renewing A Title:
Library material may be renewed with the following exceptions:
- You have over $10 in fines on your library card
- Someone else has reserved the item
- You are renewing the items online on or after the date the items were due
- The item has already been renewed two times.
You can renew the items by the following means:
By Phone: Call the ciruclation desk at 705-356-7617
At The Library: Ask a staff member to renew the item for you
- You must be signed into My Account on the Online Catalogue to renew an item.
- Click My Account>>My Borrowing>>Loans.
- Select the items you wish to renew and hit the Renew button at the top-right of the list.
- If your renewal was successful, the next screen will say: The requested item was successfully renewed.
- If your renewal was NOT successful, the next screen will say: The requested item could not be renewed.
- Please phone or visit the library for help.
- Continue step 3 until all items have been renewed.
- Remember to click your account name on the banner and the Logout button when you are finished.