How do I request an Interlibrary Loan (ILLO?)
While our Library remains closed, we have temporarily suspended the Interlibrary Loan program as we are currently unable to provide this service.
Further updates will be provided when we are able to resume services.
Interlibrary Loan Guidelines & FAQs
What is Interlibrary Loan (ILLO)?
Interlibrary Loan is a free service that allows Blind River Public Library cardholders to request an item from another library’s collection if that item is not findable in the Blind River Public Library’s catalogue, and therefore not available in our collection.
What do I need to know about submitting a request?
- You must have a valid Blind River Library card to request an Interlibrary Loan. If you have never had a Blind River Library card, please visit the library and one of our staff members will help you.
- Please check our catalogue here before requesting your Interlibrary Loan.
- You can submit a request by visiting the Library or calling us at 705-356-7616.
- If we are unable to fulfill an Interlibrary Loan Request, we may consider your request to purchase for our collection.
What can I borrow?
We are able to borrow a wide range of materials that are not owned by the Blind River Public Library. However, due to restrictions set by the owning library we are usually not able to borrow:
- Books published within the last 12 months
- Reference and other non-circulating materials
- Audiovisual items including Music CDs and Games
- Magazines and Newspapers
- eBooks and eResources
How long does it take?
It takes four weeks or longer for the item to arrive. We cannot guarantee fulfillment of request by a certain date. You will be notified by email or telephone when your request is ready for pick-up.
We ask that you pick up your Interlibrary Loan material as soon as possible, as we are responsible for getting the material back to the lending library in a timely manner.
Can I renew an Interlibrary Loan item?
One term of renewal is permitted for items if the lending library agrees. Requests for renewal should be made at least seven days before the due date. Please make every effort to return your Interlibrary Loan material promptly.
What if I lose or damage an Interlibrary Loan item?
Loss or damage of Interlibrary Loan material will result in a replacement fee set by the lending library. The replacement fee may include replacement, processing, and service charges.